Contact: William Kane
Phone: (732) 241-8931
Location: 17-1 Shore Drive
Communication with the community via text, voice messaging, and/or email.
Text 07732 to 888777 and you will be sent login information.
Standard Operation Guidelines for public notification
Click below to review the SOP guidelines for public notifications.
The Office of Emergency Management is responsible for preparing for and managing any declared or other large-scale emergencies, events, or occurrences, either man-made or natural, which may occur within the Highlands Borough. By law, the Office of Emergency Management must have an Emergency Operation Plan (EOP) that addresses all of the possible/probable emergencies that may occur.
The Office of Emergency Management is responsible for:
- Alert Warning and Communications
- Damage Assessment
- Emergency Medical
- Emergency Operation Center
- Emergency Public Information
- Fire & Rescue
- Hazardous Material
- Law Enforcement
- Public Health
- Public Works
- Radiological Protection
- Emergency Shelter, Reception, and Care
- Social Services
Public Warning System:
- Wail tone Fire Department Emergency Call active from 8am—8pm
- Whoop tone First Aid Emergency Call active from 8am – 8pm
- Hi -lo tone School Closing active TBD by event
- Alert tone town evacuation tone active 24 hours 7 days a week
- Attack tone Immanent Attack active 24 hours 7 days a week
- Air horn tone Weather event active 24 hours 7 days a week