- Local Ordinance requires that all cats be licensed and have a current tag affixed to collar or harness. All cats 6 months or older must be licensed. An increased fee of $2.00 per cat shall be paid by all persons purchasing cat license after September 1st or more than 3 months after such cat becomes 6 months of age.
- All cat licenses run from July 1 to June 30 each year (i.e. a 2021 cat license is good from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022). Failure to renew cat license may result in a court appearance.
- Check rabies information. State Statute requires that any rabies vaccine that expires before May 1st of 2023 will require an updated vaccine prior to the issuance of a new license. If there has been any chance since last billing, be sure to enclose a copy of required certificate.
- Check neuter status. If you have not already qualified for a reduced license fee, you may do so only by endorsing a spay/neuter certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian.
- License must be issued in the name of an adult member of the household.
- FREE RABIES CLINIC offered by Monmouth County Regional Health Commission. For more info, call (732) 493-9520 or visit www.mcrhc.org.
- RETURN THE APPLICATION along with your check payable to the Borough of Highlands in the appropriate amount to: Cat Licensing, 42 Shore Dr., Highlands, NJ 07732.