January is dog licensing month; July is cat licensing month. The instructions for renewing your dog/cat license are listed below.
- State Statute requires that all dogs/cats be licensed and have a current tag affixed to collar or harness. All dogs/cats 6 months or older must be licensed.
- All dog licenses expire on December 31 each year. All cat licenses expire on June 30 each year. Failure to renew dog/cat license may result in a court appearance.
- Check rabies information. State Statute requires that any rabies vaccine that expires before November 1 st for dogs, or before May 1 st for cats of the licensing year will require an updated vaccine prior to the issuance of a new license. If there has been any change since the last billing, be sure to enclose the required rabies certificate, which will be returned.
- Check neuter status. If you have not already qualified for a reduced license fee, you may do so only by enclosing a spay/neuter certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian.
- License must be issued in the name of an adult member of the household.
- FREE RABIES CLINIC offered by MCRHC. For more info, call (732) 493-9520 or visit www.mcrhc.org.
- If your pet has passed or no longer lives in the borough of Highlands, please notify us. There is a check box on the back of renewal notice for this purpose.
Please come to borough hall at 42 Shore Drive to fill out a form or you can download and print the application.
Spayed/Neutered dog/cat licenses are $18.00.
Non-Spayed/Neutered dog/cat licenses are $21.00.
Cash or check payment is accepted. Please make your check payable to “Borough of Highlands,” and mail to PET LICENSING, Borough of Highlands, 42 Shore Drive, Highlands, NJ 07732.